Search for information, advice and guidance

Your P60 and your May payslip

Each year we issue a P60 to everyone receiving a pension from us by 31 May. The P60 shows the amount of pension you have been paid and any tax that has been deducted during the previous year. The P60 can be used to claim back overpaid tax or, for example, as proof of income when applying for a loan or a mortgage.

Your 2023/24 P60 is now available for you to view on our self-service portal, ‘my pension online’. If you haven’t logged in before, you will need to register first. ‘My pension online’ has recently been upgraded to a new platform. If you registered on the old site, you must transfer your account first. For step-by-step instructions on how to do this see my pension online.

If you previously told us that you wanted to opt out of ‘my pension online’, your P60 will be posted to you.

For more information on reading your P60, take a look at our guide on page 10-11 of this year’s In-Touch newsletter.

Your May payslip

We send printed payslips in May and September only. Details of your other monthly payments are available on ‘my pension online’.

We will be issuing May payslips by the end of the month. It’s really important that you keep us updated with your address when you move house. If a payslip is returned to us, for security reasons, we will suspend your pension payments until you provide us with written confirmation of your new address.

If you’ve recently moved house, we recommend you take a moment to check you’ve given us your new address. You can login to ‘my pension online’ to check this and update your address if necessary.

If you don’t use ‘my pension online’, you can tell us about a change of address by completing a ‘change of details form’.

What to do if you think your tax code is wrong

We are required to notify HMRC of the amount you are receiving, and they issue a tax code accordingly. We have no control over tax codes or the amount of tax that is deducted from your pension and are unable to help with any tax-related queries you have.

If you have any queries about tax paid on a pension, please contact HMRC.

A man sitting at a desk working on a computer